Bibliography to Accompany Notes Template
- A Catalogue of the Harleian Manuscripts, in The British Museum; With Indexes of Persons, Places, and Matters. 4 vols. London: Printed by Command of His Majesty King George III, 1808-1812.
Reprint: Hildesheim: Georg Olms Verlag, 1973.
- Day, Cyrus Lawrence and Eleanore Boswell Murrie. English Song Books, 1651-1702: A Bibliography with a First-Line Index of Songs. London: For the Bibliographical Society at the University Press, Oxford, 1940 [for 1937].
- Irvine, Demar. Irvine’s Writing about Music. Third edition, revised and enlarged by Mark A. Radice. Portland, Oregon: Amadeus Press, 1999.
- Ness, Arthur J. "Tablature," The New Harvard Dictionary of Music. Edited by Don Michael Randel. Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press, 1986. (829-833.)
- Playford, John. An Introduction to the Skill of Musick...The Seventh Edition, Corrected and Enlarged. London: Printed by W. Godbid, for J. Playford..., 1674.
Facsimile: Ridgewood, New Jersey: The Gregg Press Inc., 1966.
- Spink, Ian. English Song Dowland to Purcell. London: B.T. Batsford Ltd., 1974.
- Spink, Ian, editor. English Songs, 1625-1660 (Musica Britannica, XXXIII). London: Stainer and Bell for The Royal Musical Association, 1971.
- Walls, Peter. "New Light on Songs by William Lawes and John Wilson," Music and Letters, 57 n1 (January, 1976), 55-64.
Last updated 10 February 2003
Copyright © 2003 by Gordon J. Callon. All rights reserved.
Acadia Early Music Resources / Score Software Resources